Monday, September 17, 2007

Joe Morgan and why he sucks

Caught this gem while flipping between the Pats and Sox tonight:

"Sometimes Boston gets a call here or there and (the Angels) were concerned about it. I don't think the umpires do it intentionally, but that's the way many teams feel. Sometimes things happen in Boston and that just happened. Something just happened."

Wow. Top-notch analysis, Joe. Normally I let the folks over at FJM take care of the Morgan ass-raping, but let's just make sure we all understand what Joe, here, thinks:

Boston gets calls in their favor at home in Fenway Park. Brilliant, Joe. The umpires really helped us win all those World Series titles between 1918 and 2003. Tim
Tschida, anyone?

(I know I'm not the only one who still curses that name every now and again.)

I can't decide if I want to go to the Red Sox game(s) this weekend. The last and only time I've been to six games in one season was 2004. Color me superstitious, but I'm sitting on five games right now and I kind of feel like I have to go. If I do it'll probably be Saturday night. I'll try not to almost kill any more relief pitchers in the process.

In other news, the Patriots are really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home