Saturday, October 27, 2007

Looking ahead to Game 3 ...

I'm not happy with having to sit any of Lowell/Youkilis/Ortiz. Tito says he's going with sitting Youkilis, whose line for the playoffs is ONLY .396/.483/.771. Lowell comes in with a .333/.404/.584 line. Ortiz = .385/.527/.744.

What it boils down to is benching any of these guys sucks. My dad's all pissed because he's a big Youkilis guy, but I don't think you can take Ortiz's bat out of the lineup against a righty (Josh Fogg). Papi comes in with much better stats against righties than Youkilis, but you kind of get the vibe that Youks is so dialed in he'd hit anybody, anywhere. And I agree with leaving Lowell at third, mostly for the defense.

I wonder if management considered sliding Youkilis into the outfield slot, right field I guess, and having the now-incredibly-hot J.D. Drew play center. It isn't like Ellsbuy is lighting up the playoffs (OPS of .504, ouch).

Hopefully we'll jump off to a big lead against Fogg and Youkilis can come in for Ortiz by the sixth inning or so. I worry about how Ortiz's knees will hold up when he has to lunge for throws or dive for line drives. Papi diving -- that's a scary thought.

Side note: We named our family cat Joshua Foggy Klee after Josh Fogg in 1998. He passed away last winter, the victim of some sort of coyote or alligator attack in the backyard. We're not sure what animal got to him. But it's weird that we're facing Josh Fogg in the World Series now. I think Joshie would have wanted the Sox to light up his namesake. RIP Little Buddy ... I'll be thinking of you during Game 3.

Also, funny link of the day courtesy of the Onion:
The Curse of Curtis Leskanic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home