Thursday, November 29, 2007

Santana??

Are you KIDDING me? You have a chance to add another real No. 1 ace to a staff that already will consist of Beckett-Daisuke-Schilling-Wakefield-Buchholz (obviously, one has to go).

AND you're not giving up Ellsbury or Buchholz. Yes, some baseball writers seem to think Lester has more upside than Buchholz. I don't. And my opinion is what matters.

Where can I sign for this?

Edited Saturday:

Now it looks as if the Twins won't do the deal without one of Buchholz or Ellsbury. I'm no longer on board, as I love Clay, and trading Jacoby would thwart my plan of moving to Boston and marrying him. Let the Yankees get Santana by giving up Hughes. That's fine with me.

Edited very, very late Monday night/Tuesday morning:

Now the Twins appear to be accepting the original deal, per the Globe's blog and few other sources, like Buster Olney. Nothing is official yet, but this thing is gaining some major steam. Some think it might be official by tomorrow, with the Sox just needing a 72-hour window afterward to talk a longterm extension. Oh boy, I'm giddy with delight. I haven't been this happy since ... well ... four hours ago when my all-time favorite UF wideout Jabar Gaffney hauled in the winning touchdown, keeping the Patriots' perfect season intact. Possession? Maybe not. But it's nice that the calls are finally going our way after seemingly having to play another team and the referees from Weeks 2-11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home