Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It’s 2 a.m., I’m drunk again, It’s heavy on my mind

Today was a fairly traumatic day. I found out Carl Yastrzemski was admitted to Mass General for bypass surgery. Two nights ago I had a dream that Yaz died, which was really eerie. But I send my good thoughts Yaz's way in the hopes of a speedy recovery.

On another devastatingly depressing note, LeRoi Moore left this world today. No, it has nothing to do with baseball, but he has everything to do with me. I don't know how the guys are still playing at Staples right now, as I type this. I can't even see my keyboard through the tears. I love you, brother. Sometimes a tragedy in life is all you need to completely forget about how meaningless baseball really is.

Just one month ago, my boyfriend and I filmed a video with 40,000 of our closest friends, chanting "WE WANT ROI" repeatedly. Jeff Coffin will never be able to replace you, Roi.




"And if I go, before I'm old,
Oh brother of mine, please don't forget me..."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home