Monday, June 12, 2006

Big Ben/RIP USA Soccer

By now I'm sure everyone who reads this blog has had the chance to read about the utter stupidity of Ben Roethlisberger. Sure makes Terry Bradshaw's rant about fools who ride bikes without helmets look awfully smart. Riding a motorcycle period, let alone without a helmet, is like playing Russian Roulette. Big Ben found the bullet today.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. This may be partly because I hate Steelers fans and generally find them to be the most obnoxious group of sports fans this side of New York City. Maybe I'm completely unsympathetic because I'm a Patriots fan and Tom Brady would never do something that stupid. Or maybe I just like to see stubborn, moronic athletes get what they deserve. (Hey, it's my blog, I reserve that right.) Did he not learn a thing after Kellen Winslow's accident a little over a year ago?

Judging by the initial reports, Big Ben has "severe knee injuries" that could put his NFL career in serious question. Then again some Pitt. stations are reporting it's just severe road rash, so who really knows? Why the Steelers didn't put a clause in his contract to prohibit this reckless behavior is beyond me. He has publically admitted that he rides without a helmet. Jason "Jay" Williams and Winslow Jr. are proof that mixing sports with motorcycles can produce nothing good.

Ok, and as a diehard Pats fan I have to throw this in. The fact that a car with Maine plates hit Roethlisberger is beyond funny.

__________

In other news, the US's World Cup run ended today with a humilating 3-0 loss to the Czechs. Yes, I know they're not mathematically eliminated with only one loss. But the team I watched get embarrassed today doesn't look like they are up for the challenging uphill battle that would be surviving Group E.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home