Saturday, May 27, 2006

Congrats to Curt

Schilling picked up win No. 200 in his career tonight against the lowly Devil Rays. He had his wife and kids in attendance, and coincidently it was his son Gehrig's birthday. The kid was adorable-- holding up a sign that said "GO DAD" all game. Schill even wished him happy birthday on the jumbo screen during the game.

Curt's a class act. Yeah, sometimes he runs his mouth too much. But when all is said and done, you'd be hard-pressed to find a major leaguer who cares more about winning than Curt Schilling. He truly loves the fans of Boston and winning in front of the greatest fans in sports. He learned to love us even more through Sons of Sam Horn, and I truly believe that once Curt retires and Boston fans reflect back on his years with us, we will decide he needs a statue just like Red Auerbach and Ted Williams. Without this man, 2004 doesn't happen. And without 2004, I think I would have killed myself already.

Here's to hopefully another 30 or so wins before Schill hangs it up. I'll be at Cooperstown in about eight years with my 2004 Red Sox World Champions banner cheering him on as he's inducted into the Hall of Fame.

So I know that Schilling is a total internet geek with us, and while the chances of him reading this are pretty damned remote, I'd just like to say thanks for all you did for our franchise, and almost as importantly, thanks for caring so much for the ALS sufferers of the world.

Timmy goes for the sweep tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home