Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bonds

The straw that broke the camel's back has just emerged in the Barry Bonds-steroids saga. Sports Illustrated has released an excerpt from a new book, Game of Shadows by two SF Chronicle reporters, that has hardcore evidence that Bonds repeatedly used steroids, beginning in 1998.

I'm sure Barry will vehemently deny everything that these authors allege. But at this point, these are no longer allegations. I am left with NO doubt in my mind that Barry Bonds cheated the game of baseball. Barry's steroid use can no longer be called speculation by any reasonable standard.

I am outraged as a fan that he continues to attack the media, claiming racism and a personal vendetta against him. This man used steroids, and it's about time that Selig did something about it. I can't believe Barry had the indecency to do a press conference with his son sitting next to him, attacking the media and saying how we (the media) really got what we wanted.

So what do we do?

Let's wipe out his records. His 73 home runs in a season is now a worthless record. Letting him pass Ruth (714) and eventually Aaron (755) is a disgrace to the pure hitters in baseball who never had the advantage of PEDs.

These allegations had better not be just another "PR" hit to Bonds' reputation. I want real action. I want Selig and Major League Baseball to come out and condemn Bonds. I want him to be forced into retirement. I want him to never play another game of baseball in his career.

I am deeply saddened by the hits that my beloved game continues to take, due to assclowns like Barry Bonds. Today is a very dark and sad day for the game of baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home