Monday, March 27, 2006

Nothing too exciting

I'm very bored of Spring Training. I'm ready for the season to start. Only six days until Opening Day at Texas. This offseason feels like it has been so long compared to the 2004-2005 offseason, which was pretty much a five-month celebration.

My dad is going to New Zealand some time soon to do God knows what, but he says he's using the money he's earning for speaking there to buy us a new HDTV and the Extra Innings package. It looks like I'll be spending quite a many evenings at my parents' house, instead of listening to the games on the internet. I welcome the thought of getting to see Jerry Remy on NESN every night.

I read a column today that broke my heart.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview06/columns/story?columnist=caple_jim&id=2385486



(Sorry I still haven't figured out the whole HTML thing, just humor me and copy and paste).

It's Jim Caple's take on the Cubbies' chances this year. I hope to God the Chicago Cubs win the World Series this year, even if it comes at the expense of the Red Sox. Reading Russ Hibler's story of following the Cubs for 80 years was heart-breaking. It reminds me Sox fans pre-2004. Diehards like Hibler deserve to celebrate a World Series win before they kick the bucket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home